CNM Wiki (previously known as CNM Wikis; hereinafter, this Wiki) is:
- the CNM named app that allows for public collaboration on creation, editing, and publication of textual documents, as well as embedding of audiovisual and graphic contents,
- the instance of CNM Wikiware that is installed on CNM EndUser Farm of CNM Cloud, and
- the document collaboration system that the CNM Cyber Team delivers as a CNM Cyber service.
The Wiki is open to the general public without authorization and, therefore, at no cost because of two reasons. First, volunteers of CNM Cyber Team donate their time. Second, the Friends Of CNM (hereinafter, the Sponsor) pays all the bills associated with the costs. That is why this Wiki, as well as the other CNM Cyber services, are developed, the software is routinely updated, and the service is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- 1 Services
- 2 Purpose
- 3 Structure
- 4 Development
- 5 See also
Most notably, this Wiki is instrumental for WorldOpp services and those Careerprise services that are offered at no cost to its customers.
Collection of learning materials
- lecture notes for courses of WorldOpp:
- CNM Cyber Welcome Session, which is the introduction to CNM Cyber Team, CNM, and CNM Cyber Orientation;
- CNM Cyber Orientation, which is the introduction to CNM Cyber and general career topics such as employment, recruitment, careers, and education to address which CNM Cyber has been created;
- CNM Cyber Placement, which is the practical seminar that the CNM Cyber Team uses to onboard its CNM Cyber Project Coordinators and the Friends Of CNM uses to place aspiring WorldOpp candidates into an WorldOpp incubator;
- WorldOpp Bootcamp, which is the pre-employment training for any WorldOpp fellow; Septem Artes Administrativi is its curriculum; and
- WorldOpp Fellow Curriculum, which is formal training in accounting, entrepreneurship, information technology, project management, etc. designed to complement employment and on-the-job training of WorldOpp fellows.
- Other materials include those for CNM PMP Bootcamp and other courses that are administered by Bracka School.
Document collaboration system
- document collaboration system. Using the Wiki, the Team can collaborate on any documents related to vocational training, career administration, employment search, job landing, and employment itself.
- Particularly, this Wiki makes those text, audio, video, and graphic materials that are related to the Team and not confidential be publicly-accessible on a single platform. Both the Team and the Sponsor utilize CNM Lab for their private data especially related to those features that are sensitive to cyber-security threats.
- This Wiki serves as workspace for WorldOpp fellows.
Active learning environment
- This Wiki serves as the primary active learning environment for WorldOpp candidates.
- Finally, this Wiki serves the Friends Of CNM, possibly attracting World Wide Web visitors to become its potential customers and employees.
CNM Wiki vs Wikipedia
- Although this Wiki utilizes the software initially developed for Wikipedia and, thus, looks similar, these two sources of knowledge vary significantly. The following table represent some differences.
Feature Wikipedia This Wiki Purpose Encyclopedia; a reference source A combination of learning materials and enterprise data that is related to the Friends Of CNM and supports the learning materials. Target audiences Everyone Everyone who is a part of or may consider being a part of the Friends Of CNM Contributors Everyone Friends Of CNM Content "Summaries of knowledge from either all branches or from a particular field or discipline" (source: Wikipedia) The data that is applicable to the Career Network Ministry (CNM) and the Friends Of CNM, as well as open to the public; the Friends Of CNM utilizes Fixett for its private data especially related to its cyber-security
- To explore the difference further, one may compare two articles: (a) Business article at Wikipedia and (b) Business article at CNM Wiki.
- With regard to Opplet roles:
- Any NetAnyone shall be able to view and search for wikipages;
- Any CertAssociate shall be able to upload SVG files and edit wikipages.
- Any CertFellow shall be able to administer the Wiki.
- Main wikipage: CNM Wikiware
- CNM Wikiware, which is the CNM app that powers three MediaWiki instances installed on the CNM Farms. Consult the User's Guide for information on using MediaWiki.
- CNM Cyber Team considers switching from MediaWiki to another software. Currently, four new instances are installed at CNM Cloud Next.
- Main wikipage: CNM Wiki Policy
- Main wikipage: CNM Cloud Project
- As any of CNM apps, the Wiki is a part of CNM Cloud. CNM Cloud Project is the endeavor to further develop this group's technology.
- Main wikipage: Friends Of CNM
- Friends Of CNM is a group of individuals and organizations that support, enhance, and further develop CNM's services. Consult the Friends of CNM wikipage for information on that group.