Redmine is a free and open source, web-based project management and issue tracking tool. It allows users to manage multiple projects and associated subprojects. It features per project wikis and forums, time tracking, and flexible, role-based access control. It includes a calendar and Gantt charts to aid visual representation of projects and their deadlines. Redmine integrates with various version control systems and includes a software repository browser and diff viewer.
The design of Redmine is significantly influenced by Trac, a software package with some similar features.
Redmine is written using the Ruby on Rails framework. It is cross-platform and cross-database and supports 34 languages.
- Allows tracking of multiple projects
- Supports flexible role-based access control
- Includes an issue tracking system
- Features a Gantt chart and calendar
- Integrates News, documents and files management
- Allows Web feeds and e-mail notifications.
- Supports a per-project wiki and per-project forums
- Allows simple time tracking
- Includes custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects and users
- Supports a range of SCM integration, including (Apache Subversion (SVN), CVS, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and Darcs)
- Supports multiple LDAP authentication
- Allows user self-registration
- Supports 34 languages
- Allows multiple databases
- Allows for plugins
- Provides a REST API