Capability is an organization's skill and ability in doing the work activities needed in its business.
According to Management by Robbins and Coulter (14th edition),
- Capability. An organization's skill and ability in doing the work activities needed in its business.
According to Managing Quality by Foster (6th edition),
- Capability. Likelihood that a product will meet specification.
According to the BABOK Guide (3rd edition),
- Capability. The set of activities the enterprise performs, the knowledge it has, the products and services it provides, the functions it supports, and the methods it uses to make decisions.
According to the INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook (4th edition),
- Capability. An expression of a system, product, function, or process ability to achieve a specific objective under stated conditions.
According to the ITIL Foundation 4e by Axelos,
- Capability. The ability of an organization, person, process, application, configuration item, or IT service to carry out an activity.