CNM Technology Board
The CNM Technology Board (hereinafter, the Board) is the strategic division of the CNM Cyber Team that (a) approves requirements for WorldOpp Fellow Staff and (b) supervises other divisions of the Team.
- 1 Organization
- 2 Deciding on ...
- 3 Endeavors
- 4 Q&As
- 5 See also
- Gary Ihar -- gary
- Michael Confoy -- michaelc
Majority; two weeks for a decision
- Main wikipage: CNM Agile
- We need someone to own tasks. If you own it and can do it all, great. If you will need more than one person on it, that should be noted once we have the tasks in the wiki or via response to this if necessary. For example, MichaelC is looking for someone that would like to do some of the work under his direction for the training task as it can be very useful learning experience as a software evaluation using a bake off is a common practice.
Deciding on ...
... team's culture
... team's endeavors
- The Board approves or disapproves the strategy for the development of CNM Cyber known as CNM Digital Transformation.
... team's services
- The Board defines the portfolio of the services included into CNM Cyber and the technology behind the services.
... the technology
New meeting model
- The Board would like to determine mechanism for virtual meetings using some free outsourced or on-premises open-source software.
- Main wikipage: CNM Cyber requirements
- The Board would like to create a product backlog as a document or a set of documents on wiki with the tasks, who is lead on task and link to work on task.
- Ken is willing to take that task. For that he should be able to complete initial draft during a 1-hour working session on a Tuesday night. (If necessary, it could be done with much less time as a copy-paste from this email, but he would hope to have better quality than that.)
- This backlog document shall contain relevant user stories, so the task is to begin the process of creating project requirements in the form of user stories on one or more wiki pages. Each user story has a user story card which has a notes section with status information. Here is some information about that. The backlog email is a list of short descriptions of tasks or projects with some status information. That is a good place for us to start. Frequently Agile projects or Hybrid-Agile projects have task cards and/or story-cards describing the tasks to be completed. The tasks are often given as user stories in a certain form. (Sometimes these are on actual large index cards or post-it notes, but often they are on electronic task cards in a system like JIRA or a wiki or some other project management software system.)
- So requirements are often actually "Agile Stories" describing the desired outcome at very high level in the form of completing the blanks in this sentence: "As a [blank <type-of-user>] I want [blank <some-goal-or-objective>] so that [blank <benefit-or-value>]". Example from government website: "As an Editor, I want a way to review content before it is published so that I can assure it is optimized with correct grammar and tone." [Retrieved from public website https://tech.gsa.gov/guides/user_story_example/ ]. All this is simpler when you see it than when you try to understand it from a descriptive paragraph.
- Main wikipage: CNM Cloud Next
- The Friends Of CNM runs the CNM Cloud Project designed to develop CNM Cloud. Currently, the CNM EndUser Farm handle CNM Cyber. The Friends Of CNM makes a learning and testing variant of the CNM EndUser Farm, called the CNM Cloud Next, available to the Team. Its system administrator is responsible for implementing the Board's decisions including permissions.
- Upon the Board's decision, the Friends Of CNM is also committed to deploying another server for the Team's special projects such as deployment of Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware, etc.
- The Board needs to define the process of granting and changing permissions.
New wiki software
- The Board agrees that:
- Thus, the Board shall:
- Research documents on competitive packages. The results of this research shall be posted at the wiki engine document.
- Identify criteria to select a better-suited software package.
- Select 2-5 software packages to be evaluated more closely.
- Deploy the selected packages and evaluate them in order to make a decision to either migrate or combine the current MediaWiki instance with another software package or anything else.
- Main wikipage: CNM Registration Project
- The CNM Registration Project aims to create a user-friendly process for registration of new volunteers and Certified CNM Cyber Users. Particular problems to be solved are:
- Real accounts to database so user updates can happen with database
- Define how usability testing happens
- Registration of new volunteers on wiki
- The initial registration function has been developed at CNM Cabin; however, it lacks its email confirmation since the text of the confirmation email hasn't been developed yet. The requirements for the complete registration have been developed, published at the CNM Registration Project wikipage and are waiting for their approval.
- The Board would like to document its recruiting process from sourcing and up to onboarding, as well as best practices and/or recommendations for future. Particularly, the CNM Cyber Orientation and instructions for beginner program coordinators (officially known as CNM Cyber Project Coordinators) as part of on-boarding process shall be created.
- The Board would like to create the Team's mentor-protégé program for those recruits who have succeeded in their CNM Cyber Project Coordinator roles. MichaelC can mentor some learner in cyber-security, while Gary Ihar can mentor some learner in project administration.
- Technical links/sources as part of mentoring process: NIST Security Links:
- I love to hear about the Board. Please tell me more.
- Scroll to the top of this page and read. Ask specific questions when you have those.